All levels of Test Engineer will have the skills listed below. Each level may have additional education, skill and/or experience requirements.
The Test Engineer analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
· Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
· Support a test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests.
· Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
· Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
· Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
· Duties may include performing system test planning and implementation for medium to large-scale systems using state-of-the-art technology.
· Develop and maintain test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
· Analyze test results.
· Document and keep program management informed of any and all deviations from customer requirements.
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with the following:
o Interface definition and documentation (ICDs)
o End-to-end IV&V processes and methodologies
o Tools for requirements management, software development, discrepancy reporting and configuration management
o Test script development.
o Automated testing tools (e.g. HP quality center).
· Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
· U.S. Citizenship required.
· Experience and/or with requirements development, management and architectures required.
· Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
· Experience in software and database design, development and test.
· Experience in conducting security testing.
· Experience in developing operational procedures.
· Experience in the maintenance of complex hardware and software data processing systems.
· Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
· Experience generating IV&V CDRLs and other documentation.
· Experience providing inputs to Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
· DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required. (e.g., Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification)
· Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) or similar desired.
Test Engineer I
· No demonstrated experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is required. [Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.]
Test Engineer II
· Two (2) or more years of related experience required. [A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience]
· Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is required.