Cloud Data Processing Developer
- Support customers by developing systems through Agile, iterative engagement for analyzing data using descriptive, exploratory, predictive, explanatory, and prescriptive methods.
- Create and modify web applications and distributed data processing as part of a development team aligned closely with analyst users.
- Research, analyze, recommend, advise, design, develop, modify, and integrate Cloud services, especially from classified domains.
- Leverage the latest machine learning, business intelligence, search, and intelligent data technologies.
- Evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of the overall system to identify optimizations and convincingly communicate recommendations to customers and team.
- Work and help enable a DevOps Sec environment.
- Leverage complete comprehension and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and apply general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- TS/SCI Clearance with FSP
- BS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Cloud development (Hadoop, map/reduce, Accumulo, etc)
- Open Source container and resource management technologies (eg, Docker, Mesos)
Additional Preferred Skills
- An expertise with distributed data processing architectures (especially microservices) and frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SOLR, Elastic Search, Kafka, Impala, and Cassandra
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as ECS, Lambda, and S3
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques and managing large, multi-TB scale data sets
- Knowledge of Oracle, Celect, Informatica, Cloudera, Javlin, and other Business Intelligence (BI) technologies a plus
- Location of Position: Laurel, MD
- Travel Required (CONUS/OCONUS): CONUS
- If Travel is required, how much? 5%
- Work Schedule: Day Shift