Raytheon IIS (IISFE) is currently seeking a Sr. System Engineer to support the SRP Radar operation in Taiwan. The successful candidate will join a team of engineers in a challenging assignment at a remote location. He/she should be familiar with large phased array radar installation and testing and should have a good working knowledge of engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, procedures and work scheduling and reporting. The work involves regular rotations (multiple weeks) on a mountain top. This individual will perform other duties as assigned in support of the mission.
Required Skills:Responsibilities include
- Knowledge of the interpretation and use of diagnostic tools and equipment related to the SRP Based Electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of the various procedures performed by a Systems Engineer when acting as an operator to the SRP Phased Array Radar.
- Provides detailed mission planning support for all planned test events and real world radar tasking.
- Provides Engineering oversight for SRP Operators/Radar Field Engineers (Electrical/Mechanical).
- Maintaining and operating assigned equipment in accordance with the latest technical documentation
- Generating changes to technical documentation and operations processes.
- Capability to assist the Systems Engineer and O&S Manager with mission planning in support of all SRP planned test events and real world radar tasking.
- Knowledge of procedures performed by a Network Systems Administrator and associated equipment during a DIGISIM, Anasim, and Mission operation.
- Knowledge of the communications systems throughout the radar. Knowledge of Ethernet and fiber optic transmission systems is required.
- Troubleshoot, maintain the radio frequency transmit & receive system to include receiver/exciters, amplifiers, waveguide switches, antenna elements, transmit/receive modules, cabling, RF splitters & combiners, and array group drivers.
- complete operating checklists and report status of the operating equipment
- Maintaining equipment operating logs
Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats regarding technical issues. Experience in dealing with customer representatives and in coordinating actions with other contractors. Experience working in a harsh remote environment for extended periods. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of desktop application software. Familiar with Raytheon practices regarding technical documentation. Prior experience in Radar System performance analysis or Radar Operations
Required Education (including Major):
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 6 years of experience OR an AS Degree with 10 years' experience, OR at least 14 years of equivalent engineering experience on large phased array radars.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Product Support, Test Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services