Raytheon Vision Systems' (RVS), a division of Space and Airborne Systems based in Goleta, CA, strives to be the most admired firm in the industry for discriminating focal plane arrays. RVS has been a technology development and manufacturing leader of infrared systems for 55 years and it continues to be one of the industry leaders in the production of high tech vision products for a variety of space, tactical and commercial applications.
The inspector will be responsible for quality in process and final inspection of product hardware before going into stock by utilizing Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), measuring microscopes, Optical Comparators, gauge pins and blocks, calipers and micrometers and other relevant measurement tools and devices.
The individual will be responsible for inspection of assembled hardware and/or wafers, with decision making on acceptance/rejection and/or reporting of any findings not covered in inspection procedures to engineering for further evaluation.
The individual will be responsible for following inspection plans or work instruction to determine if parts meet requirements per engineering or production drawings. Ability to interpret instructions (verbal, written, illustration) is essential.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-process quality inspections and work with Engineering to meet schedule in a production environment.
- Schedule and prioritize work load in area of responsibility with support from supervision.
- Review and scorecard inspection plans.
- Process product status through factory data base tools
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to investigate and record nonconforming product.
- 4+ years working in quality inspection or hardware inspection environment on complex tooling and hardware.
- Knowledgeable in using X,Y,Z coordinate measurement microscopes, surface flats, calipers, OD and ID micrometers, dial indicators, gauges, etc.
- Able to read, understand, and follow detailed inspection plans and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and database software.
- Proficient with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing on complex tooling and hardware (GD&T).
- Ability to read and interpret quality requirements, detailed engineering or production drawings, determine dimensions and tolerance specifications for pass/fail assessment.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance.
- US Citizen
- Ability to program, set up, and perform complex measurements on a Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machine
- 2+ years working in a clean room environment.
- 2+ years working in ESD and FOD controlled areas.
- Understand gauge capability and Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts.
- Able to conduct a First Article Inspection (FAI) and maintain appropriate records.
- Working knowledge of VM, PROMIS, PRISM, or Common PDM data base tools.
- Wire bonding and Soldering operations or inspection certification/training
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Desired Education: Technical degree in precision measurement or equivalent education and experience in a directly related field (some technician coursework / AA degree preferred / ASQ certification for inspection a plus).
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Quality Assurance, All, Space and Airborne Systems