Job Description: The Power System, Control, and Interconnect Technology (PSC&IT) Section is seeking a senior level Drafting / Designer to perform Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAD) on power systems & controls electronics packaging and in particular, cabling and harnessing routing and interconnects design. They will develop solutions for a variety of complex problems using established precedents and policies for guidance. The work is performed without appreciable direction either individually, in a team environment, or in a supervisory capacity. The senior level Drafting/Designer will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare mechanical design layouts, detail and assembly drawings and models (including but not limited to packaging, mechanisms, and castings) and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. This person will be responsible for mechanical requirements, concept development, trade studies, and hardware design documentation. The position will reside in the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) within the Antenna & Electronic Subsystems Mechanical Design (A&ESMD) Department. Job Related Activities:
- Perform CAD and PLM related activities and documentation on electronics packaging and harnessing designs, including MCAD modeling, solutions development, drawing generation, product peer reviews, and documentation archiving, and drawing release.
- Work with engineering teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and customers to design products meeting mission requirements for form, fit, function, quality, and reliability.
- Weekly reporting of work progress and plans.
- Daily time card and labor reporting.
- Attend and participate in section and department activities and initiatives.
- Comply with Export/Import (EX/IM) regulations and policies and support Jurisdiction Classification Assessments (JCAs) as needed.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and that all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes.
- Minimum of six years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or ten years of experience with an Associate’s Degree.
- Hands on mechanical design experience may include areas such as electrical/mechanical packaging, harnessing, structures, cabling, surfacing and mechanisms. Cable routing skills are a must.
- Experience with PTC/CREO CAD software package for hardware design and documentation. In particular CREO Cabling, CREO Schematics, and Windchill PLM.
- Candidate will have a complete understanding of basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation.
- Candidate will have a full knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting, modeling, and design development and/or revision.
- Candidate will be able to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors, omissions, and deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
- Technical knowledge using documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-31000, Y14.5M, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100.
- Candidate will have the ability to apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with MS Office products i.e., Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to perform complex tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other performs, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other high level tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline design team to successfully execute tasks and deliver high quality work products. Ability to work across functional boundaries to gain consensus on design solutions.
- Shall be able to work to a budget and schedule and provide status.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. secret security clearance.
- Extensive design/drafting/drawing experience.
- A Working Knowledge of the Creo and (Windchill) Common PDM (cPDM) tools e.g., CREO /Pro Cabling, CREO Schematics.
- Advanced experience of CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool and considerable knowledge of Windchill data management (PDM) tool is preferred.
- Candidate should possess good oral and written communication skills as well as being comfortable in making presentations and attending to customer engagements.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make sound engineering decisions and develop the documentation to support these decisions.
- Experience with EX/IM regulations and working policies.
- Experience with Raytheon Robust Design practices.
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies.
- Experience with Model Based Definition (MBD) design documentation.
- Experience in modification of multiple aircraft platforms.
- Active U.S. secret security clearance / SSBI is preferred.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, a related degree and a minimum ten years of related experience.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Aided Design, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, a related degree and six years of related experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, All