Job Description: The Power System, Control, and Interconnect Technology (PSC&IT) Section is seeking a mechanical engineer to perform electrical interconnect and wire harness design. This engineer will be responsible for mechanical harnessing and cabling requirements, concept development, trade studies, and hardware design and documentation. The position will reside in the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) within the Antenna & Electronic Subsystems Mechanical Design (A&ESMD) Department. Job Related Activities:
- Design, document, and implement airborne and space electronic interconnects within and external to hardware subsystems.
- Actively work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, Customers, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
- Comply with Export/Import (EX/IM) regulations and policies and support Jurisdiction Classification Assessments (JCAs) as needed.
- Weekly reporting of work progress and plans.
- Daily time card and labor reporting.
- Attend and participate in section and department activities and initiatives.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and that all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the aerospace or aviation industry.
- Requires expertise in material properties and processes in electrical harness design, harness fabrication, and systems installations.
- Requires expertise in connector selection for military and aerospace environments.
- Requires knowledge of RF coax and fiber optic cables design and fabrication.
- Knowledge of PWBs, flex cabling, and rigid-flex cabling technologies are preferred.
- Must have experience in designing products, starting with requirements through the release of a design.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including as a leader of small teams.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline design team to successfully execute tasks and deliver high quality work products. Ability to work across functional boundaries to gain consensus on design solutions.
- Shall be able to work to a budget and schedule and provide status.
- Experience with PTC/Pro/E or CREO CAD software package for hardware design and documentation.
- Technical knowledge using documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-31000, Y14.5M, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100
- Experience with customer engagements, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. secret security clearance.
- A Working Knowledge of the Creo and (Windchill) Common PDM (cPDM) tools e.g., CREO /Pro Cabling, CREO Schematics. Extensive design/drafting/drawing experience.
- Experience with electronic packaging and interconnects.
- Experience with MS Office products i.e., Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidate should possess good oral and written communication skills as well as being comfortable in making presentations.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make sound engineering decisions and develop the documentation to support these decisions.
- Experience with EX/IM regulations and working policies.
- Experience with Raytheon Robust Design practices.
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies.
- Experience with Model Based Definition (MBD) design documentation.
- Experience in modification of multiple aircraft and/or space platforms.
- Active U.S. secret security clearance / SSBI is preferred.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related discipline, and minimum 6 years of directly related cabling and harnessing experience.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Advanced degree in a related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, All