Patriot Major Item Repairman (MIR) Principle Field Engineer Lead supports the HAWK and Patriot Logistics Sustainment Services (HPLSS) Program. The MIR will provide in depth system knowledge and field experience related to the theory of operation and troubleshooting skills required to resolve complex Patriot missile system Major End Items (MEI) electronic and mechanical problems. The MIR installs authorized third echelon modifications and provides day-to-day execution and oversight of the refurbishment and modification processes as well as demonstrate the ability to perform depot level diagnostic, fault isolation, cleanup and repair capability for PATRIOT Weapon System MEIs. The MIR must affect all electronic repairs on location with detailed system knowledge, the ability to use all of the hardware and software tools currently available to Organizational and Intermediate Maintenance. The MIR also monitors work performed by subordinates to insure it meets or exceeds established quality standards. Perform other duties and activities as directed. The MIR reports to the Senior MIR. Must be able to work in harsh climates and be able to lift 50 lbs. This position is located in Saudi Arabia.Required Skills:
- Demonstrated 8 years of field maintenance experience troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, and functional verifications of the Patriot Air Defense system or similar electronic systems using maintenance diagnostics, unit self-tests, BITE, tools and available test equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Department of the Army Modification Work Order (DAMWO) installations, to include integration and checkout.
- Successful completion of a Patriot System Intermediate Maintenance Course for MOS 27X/34S/94S/916A/918D or an equivalent course of instruction on Patriot system conducted by the military or the system contractor
- Must be able to obtain a Saudi Arabia work Visa
- Above qualifications plus five (5) years Patriot Depot Forward maintenance experience
- Demonstrated experience with Raytheon Quality Control procedures
- Demonstrated experience of the Patriot refurbishment, modification, and system integration and check out (SICO) process
- Demonstrated experience with Contractor Logistics Support
- Demonstrated comprehensive planning skills
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Project
- Demonstrated experience with training of team members
- Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience living and working in an overseas location
- Raytheon Six Sigma Certified
- Bachelors Degree with 8 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 12 years of experience or HS Diploma/GED with 16 years of related experience.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Product Support, All, Warfighter Support Services