Job Description:Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Systems Engineering Section Manager in the Transportation and Support Services (TSS) mission area. The TSS department contains approximately 135 systems engineers across Fullerton, CA and Marlborough, MA. The Section Manager is responsible for the line supervision of approximately 18 systems engineers involved primarily in the development and support of radar surveillance systems in the Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-Mission Area. Programs supported include ATNAVICS, AutoTrac 1/2/3, D-RAPCON, DASR, LPR, MASR, and PIDS. The Section Manager will report to the department manager of TSS Systems Engineering, within the Systems Engineering directorate.Responsibilities include:
- Management of Section staff (approximately 18 employees), with focus on policy and strategy implementation, including but not limited to providing employees with assignments, training, coaching/mentoring, workload planning/task assignments, performance reviews, career development planning, salary planning, professional development
- Make moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of section.
- Communicate with parties within and outside of own job function
- Lead, direct and review the work of section, ensure that tasks covered by the section meet cost, schedule and technical requirements; engage on programs as needed
- Ensure project adherence to Raytheon, IIS, and Systems Engineering policies and procedures
- Deploy and ensure compliance with IIS and Systems Engineering process initiatives (e.g. IPDS, EPIC)
- Execute IIS Engineering, Systems Engineering, and TSS department strategies and goals
- Support development of technical and cost proposals for new business
- Select, hire, onboard, develop and retain employees
- Minimum 8 years of systems, software or hardware engineering experience, including 4 or more years of experience with successful management of an engineering development project/task in systems, software, or hardware engineering
- Experience in development, integration, and test of radar surveillance systems
- Past experience writing technical and cost volumes for Raytheon proposals to include developing cost Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
:BS (MS preferred) in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services