The Production Support Specialist assists the Production Lab Manager in support of the B03 Clean Room Facility in Goleta, California, involved in the packaging of IR detectors for high-reliability space, military and commercial applications. The successful candidate will perform a variety of support activities to enable the factory operators to perform their duties. They will work collaboratively with other infrastructure support organizations and communicate frequently with Production Leads. This position is ideal for someone with a high motor, “can do” attitude and energized by interacting with other people.
Production Support Specialist responsibilities:
- Coordinating equipment relocations with Facilities and Maintenance teams
- Stocking lab consumables
- Communicating with outside vendors to request sample materials for evaluation
- Completing purchase requests for lab materials
- Support operations improvement projects as directed by the Lab Manager
- Testing, moving, and installing high pressure gas cylinders
- Performing tool crib transactions
- Minimum of 5 years post high school work experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Comfort interacting with a variety of functions
- Capable of climbing a ladder, bending down, regularly lifting up to 20lbs and pushing carts with weights exceeding 75lbs
- Able to work for extended periods in an environmentally controlled area while wearing company furnished personal protective equipment (PPE) – including safety glasses, coveralls, hoods, mask, nitrile gloves
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to Obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Lab personnel are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, coveralls, nitrile gloves, etc.) and be able to work extended periods of time in an environmentally controlled area. Other PPE may be assigned for special processes such as placing parts into or taking them out of a curing oven or working with cryogenic liquids. Safety training is provided by the company for all hazardous operations. All PPE will be provided by Raytheon and must be worn or used in accordance with company policies and practices.
Operators must be able to use a microscope and small hand-held tools (tweezers, screw drivers, etc.), often using both hands at the same time.
The ability to use a computer to access email, perform data entry, and complete on-line training is required.Desired Skills:
- Previous experience working in a cleanroom and around ESD sensitive parts
- Understanding of FOD sources and FOD reduction methods
A high school diploma or GED is required for this position. Operators are required to communicate in English and be able to understand written and verbal instruction in English.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 113074
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Engineering Technology, Product Support, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems