The Hardware Quality Manager is responsible for leading a team of Hardware Quality Engineers, including employee performance development, staffing, BOE Development, as well as supporting programs ensuring that the Software Engineering work products delivered to our customers meet their specified technical requirements and are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The Hardware Quality Engineer must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality and various Engineering disciplines. The Hardware Quality Manager will provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools. The Hardware Quality Manager will use and implement analytical tools and methods to: improve product design; minimize inspection; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions; audit manufacturing and test data for Quality System requirements; support design reviews to insure that quality is engineered into the product; and develop product acceptance techniques and plans.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years related professional engineering and managerial experience
- Minimum of 4 years as a Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering professional with hands on experience with electro/mechanical components and/or systems
- Experience with project/program bid and proposal development
- Experience with project management and risk and opportunity management
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing, diagnostic, process optimization and continuous improvement
- Knowledge and application of business acumen
- Experience with microelectronic fab, manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with metrology, measurement tools and practices
- Ability to write clear presentations and technical reports, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills
- Must be able to travel as required to support external customers and suppliers
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
- US Citizen
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience working with external suppliers and mechanical inspection techniques
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as DFMA, Input-output diagrams, and SPC
- Ability to manage and develop balanced supplier relationships built on partnerships and required performance
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and team with multiple internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to our customers
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, or Math
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Quality Assurance, All, Space and Airborne Systems