This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
The SAS Hardware Electronics Center (HWEC) Test Engineering (TE) section is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of test equipment supporting a wide range of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) products and customers. The section is also responsible for the ongoing factory support of existing test equipment for calibration, maintenance, and repair. The TE team is an experienced, agile, and highly motivated team who consistently provides quality, on-time, and economical test equipment solutions for our customers. We support both Raytheon-funded and Customer-funded efforts for internal factory test equipment and deliverable test equipment.
Our TE section is currently seeking an experienced, qualified electrical engineer to join our team. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the development of test hardware and test software solutions to exercise and analyze deliverable product. Hardware responsibilities include conceptual and detailed design of test positions, test adapters, circuit cards, and cables. Software responsibilities will include test algorithms, test sequences, data reduction, and data analysis. Other responsibilities will include HW/SW integration and post-delivery support of test equipment. The candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and EIs) while working closely with both program and functional supervision to ensure that overall design objectives are met. The candidate must be able to support inception-to-sunset life cycle efforts including proposal generation, conceptual modeling, design, build support, integration, and sell-off activities.
The candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take ownership of assignments. The candidate must also be able to prioritize actions and effectively communicate when assistance is required.Required Skills:
• 8+ years test software development experience
• 5+ years test software architecture development experience
• Expert with NI development suite (LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, TestStand)
• Proficient in the design of test consoles, test adapters, and/or test cables
• Proficient in the integration of test hardware and test software
• Proficient in the development of test equipment drawings
• Proficient in the development of test procedures
• Proficient in the troubleshooting of equipment, circuit boards, cables, etc.
• Experience in prioritizing and completing several parallel efforts
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive toward goals
• Proven to work well in a teaming environment
• Self-motivated - willing to engage customers, partners, and suppliers to achieve results
• Possess process discipline, order, and attention to detail
• Currently holds a DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within the first year
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
Experienced with schematic capture (Mentor Graphics)Required Education:
Electrical Engineering degree (or other related degree, i.e. Computer Science) 113355
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All