Raytheon Canada Limited (RCL) implements an Inuit Training and Development Program (ITDP) that benefits communities within the Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA). The purpose of the program is to actively recruit, develop, and train Inuit Beneficiaries (IBs) for employment on the North Warning System (NWS) Program and foster employee-retention and skills development for Inuit Beneficiary employees at all levels.Raytheon seeks two (2) Inuit Beneficiaries in the Summer Student program as a Chef’s Assistant to support the NWS Program in Cambridge Bay. The trainees must be enrolled in post-secondary education and ready to take part in on-the-job training over the summer timeframe. This position is a temporary summer position designed to provide an individual with skills to work towards being a Chef.Responsibilities:The Chef’s Assistant Trainees will work under the supervision of the Chef to learn the responsibilities of a private sector accounting department. Such tasks include:· Assist in the preparation and serve meals for site employees in accordance with approved cycle menu, in sufficient quantities and quality. Includes preparing dishes for those with food allergies or other dietary restrictions. Provide service to various sites, requiring travel.
· Ensure safe and sanitary work environment
· Assist with Menu /meal planning based on master schedule.
· Manage of food costs and inventory control. Receipt /storage/inventory and documentation of food management
· Maintain and inspect all kitchen and food dispensing and storage areas
· Implement food service in compliance with the Food Safety Code of PracticeRequirements:
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals who are Inuit status with proof of land claim are preferred. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
- Must belong to one of the following Land Claim Agreements: Inuvialuit Final Agreement, Nunavut Land Claims Agreement; or the Labrador Inuit Land Claims Agreement.
- Ability to pass Security clearance check to a secret level through the Canadian Government.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and cross-culturally.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
- Detail-oriented, well organized with sound analytical skills and ability to meet timelines with accuracy
- Willing to learn
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Facilities, All, Warfighter Support Services