Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a leading provider of Electronic Warfare and Self Protect Systems. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the fast paced and exciting Raytheon Self Protect Systems team located at our Goleta facility near Santa Barbara California. The selected candidate will perform the duties of a Sr. Systems Engineer II and will work independently to perform troubleshooting of engineering development hardware, circuit boards, MICs, and other components. The selected candidate will also support the design of new hardware, design of specialized test equipment and the development of specialized test procedures.
The Sr. Systems Engineer II will be required to independently develop solutions to complex test problems, and document procedures to be used by others. The selected candidate will work with technical leads, program managers, and customers to understand the system and the operating environment, and develop test procedures and associated equipment to ensure hardware performance meets specification in all operating environments. The selected candidate will also be required to train and mentor technicians in system hardware operation, troubleshooting, and testing techniques. The position requires support of repairs and tests at vendor or depot sites, serving as the Raytheon representative and key technical point of contact during critical manufacturing, test, and repair activities.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in electronic diagnostics
- Ability to read, understand, and apply system, unit, and assembly level Critical Item Development Specifications (CIDS), Acceptance Requirements (ARs) documents, and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
- Experience using commercial test equipment to test and verify integrated microwave systems, units, and assemblies against specifications and requirements (including proficiency in the use of RF Microwave / Millimeter wave Synthesizers, Spectrum Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, RF Power Meters, Waveform Generators, Logic Analyzers)Previous RMSS team leadership experience with oversight of schedules and budgets
- Background in system integration and experience troubleshooting electronics at the component, board, assembly, and system level with the ability to identify cause of failure and effect repair in a timely manner
- Hardware knowledge to include: microprocessors, digital signal processors, digital interfaces, and RF subsystems.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and schematic diagrams
- Hands-on testing and failure analysis experience
- Experience documenting and maintaining parts failure databases
- Ability to travel, work overtime and/or split shifts when required
- Strong organization, problem solving, time management and communications skills; detailed oriented. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources, multitask in a fast paced environment, and work under limited supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with program management and functional leads
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs. to a height of 4.5 feet
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship
- Knowledge of military specifications and environments
- Previous experience performing testing and troubleshooting of U.S. military systems
- Knowledge of environmental test equipment and requirements (vibration and temperature)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent including ability to collect, format, analyze and present technical data related to test and measurement
- Familiarity with Testability requirements and/or BIT architecture
- Active DOD Secret (with SSBI) Clearance
Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in Engineering or related technical fieldDesired Education:
M.S. or PHD in Engineering
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems