Air Warfare Systems is seeking to hire a Program Director (PD) for the Miniature Air Launch Decoy (MALD) program at Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, Arizona. This position is a highly visible position within Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS), and will report to the Vice President of Air Warfare Systems. This role will be required to lead a team of program office, engineering and additional functional staff in a matrixed organization. This position requires strong proficiency in leading large programs to include driving downward communication of top-level project goals/objectives/decisions and upward communication of program performance to senior management. This role will partner with leadership to lead development of strategies, program execution, risk mitigation plans, and capturing future program growth opportunities. The PD will manage multiple contracts, along with quality, operations, finance, and supply chain (i.e. Team of Five) to ensure a solid execution team is in place. The team will work across functional organizations, utilizing the Raytheon network, partnering to staff the program and ensure timely start-up and delivery of products and services in accordance with the contract(s). Furthermore, this role must be able to establish milestones, monitor program master plans and schedules, develop control systems and reports, and strategically identify potential concerns with corrective action plans for program excellence. This role has frequent customer interface in managing communication and relationships with the customer(s) on MALD. In addition, this role requires the establishment and execution of multiple strategic initiatives with suppliers, current and potential customers.This role will also have significant impact in maintaining rapport and relationships with the customer, working through export/imports (EXIM) and security requirements while leading strategies related to domestic and potentially international growth objectives. The individual will have to communicate with not only its customer base, but be able to influence other potential customers the purpose of the expansion. This role will have heavy influence of empowering our customers to continue to invest into this product. In addition, the role requires oversight and managing a complex capture project that is on-going, and critical to the success of future growth of MALD. In addition, this individual will be expected to support proposal activities for follow-on work, and support/establish investment strategies. This will support the development of the manufacturing plans/roadmaps, advancement of next generation technology, and promoting future growth for MALD. Requirements:
- Minimum of 14 years’ experience; preferably with significant program management and/or related experience
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Current Secret Clearance required; Top secret preferred.
- Knowledge of creating strategic plans for campaigns, captures, and/or technologies programs
- Experience working DoD (Large/complex programs preferred)
- Ability to travel frequently both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated program execution experience managing program staffing, assignments and resources
- Proficiency managing or experience working on RF or Electronic Warfare Systems programs
- Demonstrated understanding of full Product Life Cycle as it relates to program execution experience
- Strong proficiency in partnering in matrixed organizations such as finance, contracts, engineering
- Strong proficiency in developing and presenting Strategic Plans, AOP, Technology Roadmaps, and planning to senior management, and responsibility for executing approved plans
- Ability to manage, track and report metrics and progress through EAC reviews, PPR's, FPR's, CPR's, and finance reviews or equivalent process review
- Ability to mentor early career team members
- Ability to focus, evaluate, motivate and reward the teams, enabling them to achieve desired results
- Program Certification Level 3 (Raytheon specific) with ability to obtain Program Certification 2 within one year
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Working knowledge of US and international requirements and acquisition processes
- Working knowledge of EX/IM and Security requirements
- Earned Value Management Systems certified (EVMS)
- International program execution experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills
- US Navy Programs or US Navy Experience
- Strong capture management and proposal development experience
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in Business, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics preferred), Master’s degree preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Program Management, All