Job Description – Raytheon IIS is seeking an Information Systems Technologist II to serve as a Systems Engineer to provide mission support to the Global Hawk Ground Segment equipment located at PAX River, MD. Candidate will be permanently assigned at this location but is expected to support temporary rotations to an overseas OL. Candidate will Install HW/SW, checkout and debug HW/SW, design and develop solutions to problems discovered through installation, checkout, and use or system analysis. Determine root cause, develop, design and implement solutions or coordinate with customer and plant engineers to resolve issues. Interface with customers on short-term and long-term technical, operational, mission related and deployment requirements. Develop, coordinate and implement plans to achieve customer requirements. Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make HW/SW improvement recommendations. Required Skills:
- 4+ years HW/SW maintenance/troubleshooting/design skills for UNIX systems.
- UNIX general system administration.
- Direct experience on SUN and/or SGI workstations (or equivalent UNIX platform), Ethernet networks (Fast/Giga), routers and switches.
- General knowledge of networking (servers/hubs/switches/routers) and TCP/IP.
- UNIX coding/debugging; experience in ATM LANs, long haul links, RF links, VOIP, and data communications.
- Experience with scripting, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Sybase and/or SQL
- Cryptos KG75/175. RF and data links. Any familiarity with the Global Hawk Ground Segment a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with HVAC, UPS systems, diesel generators a plus.
CLEARANCE: Existing SECRET CLEARANCE required.TRAVEL: TDY OCONUS travel requiredWORKWEEK: Non-standard work week, overtime/weekends/shift work likely in support of 24x7 operations.Required Education (including Major): BS degree along with 4+ years of experience OR 12+ years of experience in-lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Engineering Technology, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services