Raytheon IDS has a high visibility opportunity on Second Shift in our Circuit Card Assembly Center of Excellence (CCA COE) for a training specialist responsible for conducting CCA specific training for new operators coming into the manufacturing area, as well as any on-going training needs. The type of training includes fine pitch soldering, point to point wiring, adhesive bonding, circuit card rework, circuit card repair, and many other skill based training courses. This position will also collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and Operations to develop new training requirements as new needs are defined, or existing coursework requires refreshing.
Aside from hands on training, you will utilize a computer based tool to track all on-going training needs and expirations, and work with area supervision to ensure they attend as needed, and are compliant to tasks being performed.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or Salary Grade G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position Required Skills:
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with soldering
- Ability to understand and comply with all applicable Policies & Procedures, through both teaching and individual performance
- Ability to train small and large groups in both hands on and lecture material
- Ability to evaluate new hire and upgraded employees during training process
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
Required Education (including Major):
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio)
- Previous technical training, specifically in soldering.
- Hands-on knowledge of production Circuit Card Assembly and Sub-Assembly processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience. Associates degree plus 4 years’ experience or High School diploma or GED plus 8 years’ experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Confidential
Relocation Eligible: No
Manufacturing, Technical, Training and Development, All