Raytheon is seeking a Transition Manager for a new opportunity in Dulles, VA. This opportunity is contingent on the Raytheon team being awarded the contract. This is a competitive pursuit that provides Managed Network Services to a Proprietary Customer. This managed services program adds significant pressure to technical and cost performance. This effort will transition the customer's current site based processes and practices to multi-site single enterprise standards.
The Transition Manager (TM) is responsible for providing continuity of engineering activities during contract transition in a manner that minimizes impact to mission, requirements, operations, and resources. The TM must demonstrate abilities to manage technical program aspects, care for personnel at multiple OCONUS sites, perform schedule and cost reporting, provide regular briefings to the customer and other government entities; including, but not limited to, program management reviews, contract transition, technical meetings, and education outreach programs. The TM will be responsible for regular customer interactions, technical evaluation of requirements, management of awarded scope, and allocation of resources.
This position requires travel to the CONUS and OCONUS sites on a periodic basis to ensure employee morale, the quality of the work being done and that requirements of the contract are being met. Responsibilities include program transition, execution, planning, budgeting; the development of risk and opportunity plans; program expansion; the establishment and ongoing review of metrics, tasks, and processes to meet customer requirements for establishing Service Level Agreements to meet program requirements; and the transition of managed services.
The Transition Manager will work closely with the Raytheon team and the Customer team to develop and maintain trusting relationships. The successful Transition Manager will provide effective and creditable program capabilities and options to the customer, the prime and the IC community.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Providing continuity of engineering activities during transition in a manner that minimizes impact to mission, requirements, operations, and resources
* Planning and supporting the delivery of managed services across a large IT infrastructure environment, to include - Change, Configuration, and Release Management
* Provide expertise in the planning and execution of transitioning new and changed services into operations while ensuring the requirements of Service Strategy and Service Design are effectively realized in Service Operations
* Manage a standardized method or process for the efficient and prompt handling of all requested changes; implement a Change Board that will review and approve proposed changes and that unauthorized changes are not allowed
* Provide ability to identify, control, record, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes, and relationships
* Develop release and deployment plans ensuring that each release package includes related assets and service components that are compatible with each other; and ensure that the integrity of a release package is maintained throughout the transition activities
* Develop and implement a structured validation and test process that provides objective evidence that new or changed services will support the defined requirements and agreed service levels
* Provide a consistent and standardized process to determine the performance of a service change as it relates to existing and proposed services and the IT infrastructure
* Leading Team Raytheon personnel and sustaining a professional, technical and administrative support staff adequate to accomplish defined and anticipated contractual tasks
* Ensuring Raytheon team performance and compliance with prime contract requirements and pricing schedules
* Performing supervisory duties for assigned managers, to include training, performance reviews, and developing/maintaining job descriptions
* Preparing cost performance reports as required by contract deliverables for Cost and Firm Fixed Price CLINs
* Manage Other Direct Costs to be compliant with Raytheon's contract
* Oversee the overall design and on-going maintenance of all service transition processes to ensure that they work together with tightly integrated interfaces to meet the transition needs of the customer
* Ensure that all modifications to operational environments are planned, managed and coordinated to facilitate smooth transition into live operations
* Plan and manage service changes efficiently and effectively
* Identify and manage risks relating to new, changed, or retired services
* Successfully deploy service releases into supported environments
* Provide knowledge and information about services and service assets
* Manage the complexity associated with changes to services and service management processes
* Manage the transfer of services to and from other service providers
* Establish comprehensive service transition policies
* Support Task Order efforts as required for new systems or services. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines
* Acts as a change agent to transition from an infrastructure support model to a managed services model
* Manage and coordinate system changes to mitigate negative impact to system availability
* Establishing executable baselines and risk and opportunity management to meet program performance and financial goals and obligations
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM))
* Minimum 10 years related experience
* Relevant experience with IT service transition of similar size, scope, and complexity
* Must be able to stand up and support execution of ITIL-based processes within a managed services environment
* Experience managing baseline performance
* Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and the Raytheon Team
DESIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
* Advanced degrees and certifications, including: Active Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or IT process improvement and/or capability
* Experience mentoring, team building, and teaching program-related skills to facilitate knowledge transfer and growth, cross-training and collaboration
* Technical writing experience, in developing domain focused white papers, trade studies, and technical/policy documents in support of related initiatives, programs and proposals
* Previous experience in the preparation of budgets, schedules, staffing, etc. as required to manage support to programs and initiatives
* Experience in leading or supporting proposal development efforts, to include BOE generation
****This position is contingent on contract award****
Position may be offered by Team Raytheon companies.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. Required: U.S. Citizenship, an active TS/SCI security clearance eligible for crossover, and a current CI Polygraph
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Contracts, General Management, Information and Knowledge Systems, Program Management, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services, Contracts and Supply Chain