The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
This position is for an electrical engineer to work in the Hardware Engineering Center of Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit. The person hired for this position will work on new product development based on descriptions and specifications provided by our customers. This entails working in integrated product teams to design, develop, and manufacture complex state-of-the-art systems for airborne, naval, and land-based military applications. The scope of work for this position includes design of digital circuit card assemblies that may incorporate various electronic components such as microprocessors, ASICs, FPGAs, ADCs, fiber optics, etc. Specific tasks include schematic capture design, circuit analysis simulation for power and signal integrity, documentation, prototyping, integration and test.Required Skills:
- Minimum two years of occupational experience in digital circuit card development including parts selection, bill of materials, and use of industry standard CAE tools to perform schematic capture.
- Proficient at using laboratory test equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Proficient at creating hardware documentation such as requirements, design description, acceptance test procedures.
- Proficient at laboratory environment hardware test, troubleshooting and integration/test activities at all levels of hardware product assembly.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition Tools (DxDesigner).
- Experience with place and route and signal integrity analysis.
- Experience with formal hardware qualification testing.
- Experience with providing engineering/troubleshooting support to manufacturing operations.
- Experience with FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog.
- Experience with PC and embedded software programming using ‘C’ language.
- Self-motivated, effective communicator and team player dedicated to delivering robust and cost effective solutions.
BS from an accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering.Desired Education
: MS from an accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems