Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an Engineering Manager – Sustainment and Modification to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Long Term Modification and Sustainment Program (LTM&S). The position is located in Hampton, Virginia, at the USAF customer site.
This position requires technical and engineering experience along with proven leadership, and management experience in systems engineering and sustainment of existing baselines. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and Raytheon at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors. The candidate will be experienced in interpreting customer needs, identifying associated Business/Technical Requirements, and advising the Government on scope and schedule parameters to execute projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands on technical direction for personnel developing solutions related to system engineering, configuration management, cyber security, systems integration, test, and other related areas of functional support.
- The candidate will work closely with Customer and contractor systems engineers, develop processes, and recommend support software tools for management of the baseline throughout the modification and sustainment lifecycle.
- Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects, producing baseline upgrades, as directed by the Government.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, external support, and solution components.
- Supports Government customer to establish long- and short-range plans and objectives for baseline release production, including candidate change prioritization and selection, systems integration, lab maintenance, and other related activities.
- Resource management: Management of IPT resources and subsequent performance reporting of each area.
- Oversight of schedule: Production Center implementation schedule.
- Risk management: Supports the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs, as required.
- Interact with external community on interfaces, CONOPS and requirements, and future changes, in conjunction with the Chief Engineer.
- Oversees plans, process development, and compliance IAW with Customer direction and the PWS.
- Ensuring accurate flow-down of Systems Engineering Approach and Integration, Verification and Validation approach across the IPT.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- 15+ years of engineering experience in software or systems engineering
- 7+ years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, configuration management, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation
- Familiarity with systems employed operationally in Command & Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs, and engineering organization
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage sustainment activity, including IMS
- Proven and demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway
- Knowledge of related disciplines in systems engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management
- Experience with Agile development/DevOps and ability to help transform the workforce to embrace these principles
- Collaborates with product owner(s) in requirements decomposition, estimation, and planning.
- Coordinates with other software teams within a portfolio using scaled Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Six Sigma Certification
- Program Management Leadership Level 6 certified, at a minimum
10 years experience with B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science. Master’s with a minimum 8 of functional area experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Data Networking, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration and Test Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services