Provide Mission Assurance and Quality leadership across various small programs including NATO Seasparrow, AMNS and Zumwalt TSA programs primarily being executed at the Seapower Capability Center in Portsmouth, RI. This individual will be responsible for ensuring program execution to contractual and business requirements, driving Mission Assurance and disciplined program performance, and driving root cause analysis to ensure the proactive identification and elimination of program issues. This individual will be an active participant in the Leadership Team of the programs, and as such will be engaged in growth strategy development, execution and proposal development activities.The Quality Program Lead (QPL) will lead quality planning (strategy, cost, schedule, resources); quality process definition, deployment and compliance; quality cost, schedule and staffing performance; and quality requirements flowdown to IDS Centers, other Raytheon businesses subcontractors, and suppliers. The position will require in-depth understanding and integration of advanced quality tools, models and process into the programs to assure effective process measurement, control, reporting and corrective action. Individual will require the ability to mentor all functions and disciplines on the application of these quality tools, models and processes.The position requires regular and frequent interface with internal (DCMA) and external (DoD/Navy) customers on appropriate program and quality status/issues. There will extensive participation on cross-functional teams relying on a comprehensive working knowledge of all critical business, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management and sustainment processes. Position also requires daily communication with functional areas to ensure day to day activities obtain the results necessary to support both quality and program strategies, goals and requirements.Some specific tasks will be to define and maintain the Quality Management System for the programs, managing implementation and compliance to AS9100:2009, Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and CMMI; provide the Customer interface for Quality; verify/manage Supplier and Subcontractor performance and compliance; ensure Contract, IPDS and overall program process compliance; lead/support Configuration Control Boards; review and approve program deliverables in accordance with the contract delivery requirements. The
QPL will be responsible for Quality Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corrective and Preventive Action (CA/PA), definition, reporting and analysis of program metrics, ensuring risk identification and mitigation, ensuring Quality of design through participation and approval of various reviews, and reporting Quality status to the program, Quality Management and the Customer.Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years of engineering experience in new product design, development, quality, integrated supply chain management, manufacturing, integration, test, or product realization
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Six Sigma, CMMITM, Lean and other contemporary methodologies for process improvement
- Minimum 8 years of experience in aerospace/defense products and systems technologies
- Minimum 4 years in Defense systems acquisition project management with extensive leadership experience
- Minimum 4 years proven knowledge of core Quality tasks (planning, control, improvement) with a particular strong history in driving compliance and validation in all activities
- Minimum 4 years quality sciences; quality systems, concepts, management and planning tools, statistical process control tools, application of analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action
- Minimum 4 years and demonstrated successes in continuously improving organizational capabilities to achieve product and process quality
- Minimum 4 years Strategic planning and goal deployment - strong strategic thinking skills coupled with ability to align and link organizational objectives
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with general ISO-9001/AS 9100 Quality requirements, commercial, aerospace, and defense regulations and standards (eg. ANSI, ASTM), and working knowledge of Missile Defense Agency Mission Assurance Provisions
- Minimum 4 years generating, reviewing, and implementing policies and procedures, work instructions and testing procedures
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple customers
- In-depth understanding of budgeting, Earned Value Management and cost proposal generation, including Raytheon EVMS certification.
- Ability to travel 10% of time to support business execution
- Ability to get a DoD Security Clearance
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with proven success in communications at all levels
Required Education (including Major): BS Engineering / Science required.
- Experience in conducting software quality assessments of software products and artifacts to ensure verification and validation of design, development and integration of software products.
- Experience leading large, matrix, multi-site organizations including customers and subcontractors, building high performing teams, resource capability, capacity, effectiveness and efficiency through people
- Certified Six Sigma Expert/Black Belt
- ASQ CQE or CMQ/OE certification
- Graduate of IDS Program Management College, DoD Industrial College of the Armed Forces or Naval Postgraduate School Contracting and Acquisition Management
- Direct experience with US Navy major systems acquisition project management
- MS Engineering / Science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, Engineering, All