The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.Raytheon seeks a Life Cycle Material Manager (LCMM) – Power Generation to support the NWS O&M contract for the program’s Ottawa office. The position will report directly to the LCMM Supervisor.Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing technical support on Diesel Electric Generators and applicable power generation system and components
- Ensuring regulatory compliance by auditing existing equipment and systems against current legislation, and by reviewing and assessing any impact proposed legislation will have, and when it will happen. Prepare plans to accommodate regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring the currency of all technical documentation, including drawings.
- Conducting analysis on failed equipment and systems. Identify root causes and implement preventive actions.
- Initiating and investigating Unsatisfactory Condition Reports (UCRs), and initiating and monitoring corrective actions for valid UCRs.
- Initiating and investigating Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), and initiating and monitoring corrective actions for ECRs.
- Preparing standard operating procedures and technical service bulletins.
- Establishing training standards and requirements for technicians operating and/or maintaining equipment.
- Providing guidance, coaching and training to others within job area.
- Advising and working with cross-functional teams.
- Identifying reliable sources of spares to ensure the term serviceability of installed equipment and systems.
- Establishing and monitoring sparing levels to ensure maintenance can be performed in a timely manner and not delayed due to a lack of spares.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of repair and overhaul of equipment to ensure required standards/quality is met.
- Conducting trend analysis for applicable systems and equipment. To include analysis of the system and establish a performance benchmark, acceptable performance deviation thresholds, expected future performance, and in-service performance monitoring metrics.
- Preparing business cases and options analysis for approved UCRs.
- Maintaining and monitoring the preventive maintenance program for systems and equipment.
- Preparing plans for decommissioning of equipment and/or systems
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree, diploma or trade designation in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience related to power generation systems.
- Strong knowledge of diesel/electric power generation systems, with ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals.
- Ability to obtain an enhanced security clearance and controlled goods.
- Individual must enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact and problem solve within a team and to external stakeholders (e.g. customers, vendors).
- Strong skill set with the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Ability to travel on an as required basis.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals who are Inuit status with proof of land claim are preferred. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.To apply please visit: www.raytheon.com/careers.
- Ability to function and complete tasks independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize assigned tasks and conflicting deadlines.
- An understanding of working collaboratively on a team, and the willingness to be an active and supportive member.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations.
- Previous experience working with Maximo.
- Knowledge of relevant codes regulations is an asset.
- Experience in project management an asset.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed locations.
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services