Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) has an opening for a Program Integration Coordination and Control (PICC) Manager. The PICC role will support IDS Seapower Capability Systems Programs. This specific role is focused on Program Management and working alongside the Program Manager in guiding the program through its lifecycle. This individual will be responsible for managing across the program organization by providing team leadership among Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Cross Product Teams (CPT). The PICC also coordinates tactical program activities, establishes team battle rhythm, develops and presents status on business growth, technical, cost, schedule and risk and opportunities. This individual oversees and coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, finance, project team, and functional organizations. The PICC develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers and functional teams.
WLED is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.
Job Description:Specific tasks responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, revising, updating and monitoring appropriate materials to ensure compliance with Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), corporate and business policies and procedures.
- Integrating key business activities into a seamless business that can leverage best practices, people skills and cross utilization of assets. Assisting program leadership with emerging tasks critical to achieving program business objectives and Raytheon Six Sigma.
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and lead development of situational awareness charts that can be used as management tools by program leadership teams to drive program success.
- Supporting the program start-up process by assisting in the creation of initial program artifacts (team structure, lesson learned, Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS), etc.)
- Preparing and managing all required Gate and IR reviews
- Capturing and tracking program actions and working with action owners to ensure timely closure of actions.
- Monthly coordination and creation of material to support the Program Management Review (PMR) package while leveraging material from the IPT status reviews.
- Coordinate Request For Information (RFI) responses for definitization effort and support definitization team
- 8+ years of related program coordination experience
- Experience with project management or related management experience
- Experience with program management tools and processes in one of the following areas: EVMS, Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
Required Education: BS/BA in a major related to this job description or 8+ years of relevant experience to this Job Description may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)
- Experience driving change using Six Sigma principles or similar tools
- The ability to get a DoD Secret Clearance
- Five (5) plus years of demonstrated experience using of program management tools such as EVMS, IMP/IMS, Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Experience working production programs in the defense industry
- Demonstrated strong communications skills at senior levels of the Company
- Solid understanding of application and execution of Raytheon’s IPDS or similar business processes
- Demonstrated comprehensive planning skills for both short-term requirements and long-term opportunities
- Experience supporting programs and executing PICC responsibilities in an AGILE environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Experience developing and reviewing cost proposals and synthesizing Gate 4 and Gate 5 (IPDS) packages for Management Review and approval
- Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification
- Raytheon Six Sigma Expert
- Advanced degree or professional certification(s)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Logistics Engineering, Logistics Management, Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Program Planning/Scheduling