Raytheon IIS is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to perform development and operational support in communications signal modeling and simulation. The candidate must have a comprehensive technical background spanning both software development and computer network technology, ideally possesses experience in the configuration and management of telecommunication systems. The position requires frequent direct interaction with customer technical representatives, development and recommendation of technical solutions, and a positive behavior that results in delivery of prompt and effective customer service. Additional Responsibilities:
- Analyze task requirements, develop software and system solution architectures.
- Prioritize and guide personal work activity to complete approved tasking per delivery milestones.
- Document and maintain the design and configuration.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and networks.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with polygraph.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing mission focused support, with willingness to meet evolving requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis, derivation, and software development.
- Ability to quickly learn about evolving and unfamiliar technologies.
- Strong knowledge in network packet protocol analysis, assembly, and disassembly.
- Must be detailed oriented with the proven ability to plan and manage to schedule milestones.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with teams across geographically different locations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in team environment with other technical members and other disciplines.
- Experience configuring and deploying virtual server systems using VMware ESXi.
- Understanding of architecture, deployment, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Deep understanding of network technologies and protocols across the full stack.
- Deep understanding of broadband telecommunication carrier signals and protocols.
- Communications System and Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) experience.
- Experience in the fields of Signals Intelligence and Exploitation.
- System vulnerability assessment testing and remediation (Nessus Vulnerability Scanner)
- Experience in software development with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or a relatedtechnicaldiscipline.
Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is strongly preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services