Raytheon is seeking a multi-disciplined Field Engineer to support the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s Perimeter Intrusion and Detection System (PIDS) deployed at the metro NY airports. The PIDS Field Engineer works as part of a New York/New Jersey based team that designs, builds, integrates, tests and supports this 24/7 operational surveillance system.
This position will immerse into many areas of the operational system including computing infrastructure, networks, sensors and command and control applications. The selected candidate should be self-starting and inquisitive with strong analytical and problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills and thrive in the challenges of working in an operational environment. The support tasks will be performed both in an office environment ( Network / System level data analysis) and outside at the system node level supporting technicians with design modifications and on repair actions. The task mix is planned to be approximately 65% outside work and 35% inside work.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Aggregate/analyze data to characterize system performance, predict system behavior and provide assistance in closure of technical issues.
• Support the triage and troubleshooting of issues that impact system availability.
• Support the planning for, and deployment of new infrastructure, software releases or time critical changes.
• Work closely with subject matter experts and the airport site leads to minimize the impact on airport operations.
• Support system monitoring that includes analyzing data related to network performance, resource utilization, sensor performance and mission specific applications.
• Serve as a Tier II Consultant for the PIDS 24/7 hotline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Security Clearance: BC Relocation Eligible: No Engineering Technology, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services