Are you passionate about developing GPS/IMU Navigation solutions to solve complex problems?
Do you thrive within a dynamic environment?
Are you a highly motivated person that works well within a team?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “Yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Navigation Subsystems Engineer. The RF and Navigation Subsystems Department at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is seeking an engineer to provide GPS/IMU Navigation expertise to sustain, extend and grow new business. Learn more below and apply today!
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G06 (Systems Engineer I) or a Salary Grade G07 (Systems Engineer II) based upon the applicants qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Job Description and Tasks:
Early Career Navigation Subsystems Engineer will be representing the RF and Navigation Subsystems Department in providing solutions to difficult GPS/IMU hardware issues associated with specific projects
- The Navigation Subsystems Engineer shall demonstrate understanding and wide application of technical theories and concepts in the area of navigation subsystems/components used in modern guidance electronics platforms
- The Navigation Subsystems Engineer will interface directly with suppliers of navigation or guidance electronics components to monitor and manage programmatic activities and ensure compliance to requirements
- The Navigation Subsystems Engineer will be expected to work broad assignments independently within a program Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- The Navigation Subsystems Engineer will be required to effectively communicate, written and orally, and will regularly provide status of issues, progress and accomplishments to leadership and customers
- The Navigation Subsystems Engineer will be expected to work on diverse projects providing support throughout the system lifecycle including system requirement definition, testing, data analysis, verification, integration and production
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment are a must. Some degree of travel will be expected
U.S. Citizenship Required
Must have a minimum 18 months of engineering experience, with a Bachelor's Degree, with the technological aspects of navigation subsystems or components. This includes familiarity with IMU/GPS systems and their operational aspects within an integrated navigation subsystemDesired Skills:
- Recent technical experience relative to integrated Guidance Electronics systems using GPS and IMU navigation subsystems blended via Kalman filter techniques
- Familiarity with Matlab scripting and tools
- Experience with hardware integration, Hardware in the Loop (HIL), vibration tables and simulators
- Familiarity with Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and electronics test equipment
- Recent program management experience in an engineering development or production environment
- Familiarity with GPS Directorate processes and/or GPS ICDs is a plus
- Familiarity with MEMS IMU technology is a plus
- Broad experience in Guidance, Navigation and Control engineering, including academic and/or professional experience in system modeling and analysis, hardware design, or integration, test and verification.
BS/BA in Engineering or Math, and at least 18 months of experience or
MS/MA or PhD in Engineering or Math with 0 years of experience
Please note: This position can be a salary grade 2 or 3 based upon the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
U.S. Citizenship required
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
Raytheon Company Overview
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by RaytheonStandard Missile-3 Flight Test (FTM-25)
Ballistic Missile Defense System Flight Test FTG 06b
Raytheon's Griffin® missile showcases multiple capabilities
Raytheon's Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Provide Layered Defense Around the World
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All