The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance
needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
Exciting opportunity in Raytheon Space and Airborne System’s (SAS) as an electrical engineer based in Dallas, Texas with potential to have significant impact, recognition, and growth in the organization. The engineer will have responsibility for the design, development, and deployment of Radio Frequency (RF) passive circuits (radiators, RF manifolds, RF transitions, etc.) and electromagnetic (EM) modeling. The engineer will reside within the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) Antenna Products (AP) department headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The HWEC AP department is responsible for full-scope Independent Design, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions for antenna products, including architecture trades, design, development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of antenna systems and associated integrated system verification solutions. The engineer will implement best practice standards with regard to the planning, coordination, and execution of RF passive circuit design and EM modeling with sound engineering process discipline and leadership. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation and experience in antenna engineering with specific knowledge in antenna radiators, RF manifolds, EM modeling techniques and associated best practice tools and processes. Required Skills:
- Experience in passive circuit design and EM modeling
- Experience with antenna engineering principles including phased array theory.
- Demonstrated ability to perform structured design processes, root-cause problem solving, and successful on-time / on-schedule task execution
- Experience working with test equipment including Antenna Ranges, Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance as well as the ability to obtain special access clearance(s)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Interim Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Ability to access US only data systems
- Experience with Ansys HFSS, Keysight ADS, Matlab, and AutoCAD.
- Willing to participate in advancing the state of the art with regard to radiator design and EM design and modeling through continual innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Must have a MS / MA from an accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering, College, All, Space and Airborne Systems