Raytheon is seeking a Licensing Director to lead monetization of Raytheon technologies, with a specific focus on the company’s Space and Airborne Systems business. This position is part of the Raytheon Legal organization and will interact with several functions in the business and across the enterprise. The successful candidate would be expected to take initiative and work closely with all team members within the IP and Licensing function as well as the broader legal organization. The Licensing Director is responsible for monetizing Raytheon technologies and intellectual property (IP) globally, driving origination of opportunities for the business units and optimizing returns for the business units. This position reports to the Vice-President, Intellectual Property & Licensing. Locations: El Segundo, CA or Richardson, TX Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the business leads, identify candidate technologies for monetization of intellectual property
- Research potential commercial markets for monetization of candidate technologies
- Lead IP evaluation and working with the business, assess business opportunity for commercial opportunity. Develop and drive IP strategies to maximize commercialization opportunities
- Prepare market analysis and evaluate and develop go to market strategies for identified technologies
- Negotiate licensing or other monetization agreements with third parties
- Support technology transfer initiatives, joint development opportunities and licensing programs
- Prepare IP valuations, conduct market research and determine potential transaction value
- Structure and negotiate IP and technology agreements
- Support monetization efforts originated at other business units or by other licensing professionals
- Select, retain, manage outside resources to assist in monetization efforts
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 14years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 12 years of relevant experience or JD/PhD with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in working with engineers and business leaders, and able to interface with external customers
- Experience with IP/technology transfer, licensing and sale and/or joint development
- Knowledge of export control regulations is desired.
- Capable of speaking before large groups of both technical and management personnel.
- Possess (or meet qualifications to obtain) any required national security clearances.
- Strong organizational ability and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with standard office software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) as well as database tools such as MS Access and IP specific tools such as Innography.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Strong technical skills to enable rapid evaluation and understanding of diverse technologies
- Domestic and international travel required (~30%)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com
and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Legal, All, Space and Airborne Systems