Lead Systems Engineer for MFRFS AffordabilityThis position is responsible for representing the interests of the MFRFS product line through total technical ownership and oversight of the Ku Band RF System upgrade efforts to ensure affordable design concepts. The Lead Systems Engineer will be involved in management of affordable design upgrades for KRFS technical configurations, and developing/implementing product architectures considering product line commonality opportunities for the MFRFS product line. The MFRFS product line executes in a fast pace, spiral development environment that specifies, designs, implements, tests and fields radar technology for our customers that meet warfighter needs.
- The Lead Systems Engineer will support the MFRFS Products Program Manager, providing technical engineering leadership to the MFRFS engineering team, and is responsible for the success and performance of end to end radar product development. This role will partner with the MFRFS Chief Engineer to ensure flawless engineering execution on existing and new development programs.
- The Lead Systems Engineer is also responsible for KRFS product upgrades to ensure KRFS radar affordability including executing requirements generation, trade studies, RF performance analysis, integrated design reviews with team members from other disciplines such as HW (Electrical and Mechanical), SW Engineering and technical engagement with major component subcontractors and partners to ensure product line commonality across different MFRFS products.
- Requires frequent domestic travel to Raytheon and customer locations.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience with 4 years of demonstrated Lead Systems Engineering Experience on Multi-Function RF programs.
- Experience with using mission plans and concept of operations to develop system level requirements for radar modes and radar performance.
- Experiences with both sides of the Systems Engineering V including requirements development, allocation, design implementation, test planning and requirements verification.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma processes that balance design producibility, affordability and performance.
- Experience allocating system level performance requirements to radar subsystems and components.
- Experience with Active Electronically Scanned Antenna (AESA) technology.
- Experience with mathematical simulation development (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, or simulation programming skills).
- Experience with software development for radar modes and waveforms.
- Expertise in RF systems Requirements Development, Analysis and Management
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Expertise in developing error budgets and mechanical tolerances to improve antenna auto-calibration
- Technical background in the design of digital receiver/exciters.
- Software development experience in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Proficient in real time C, Java, or C++ software languages
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD), and/or commercial and non-traditional customer sets (e.g. Combatant Commands, Homeland Security)
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, Science or related discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems McKinney Opportunities