Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking motivated and capable systems engineers with a track record of successfully developing Built-In Test and Diagnostics for advanced ground based radar systems. The successful candidate will have experience in requirements design, analysis, documentation, development and integration of Built-In test and diagnostics for systems. This position includes supporting existing and new military programs.
This role may include supporting customer demonstrations and software/systems integration and testing related travel. Qualified candidate must have an existing DOD Secret Clearance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate on the development of effective testability, Built-In test (BIT), and diagnostic technical solutions
- Develop BIT, testability and diagnostic associated requirements
- Perform testability analyses to verify diagnostic effectiveness and facilitate troubleshooting activities at all levels of factory test and maintenance
- Confer with hardware/software design teams to define sub-system failure modes, their effects on the system, and associated detection and isolation methodologies
- Collaborate with hardware/software design teams to develop diagnostic test capabilities
- Participating in trade study investigations to optimize the design for diagnostics
- Develop source data for design reviews and customer presentations
- Generate formal reports to document analytical results
- Develop BIT Algorithm Description Documents
- Provide technical support for systems planning, execution, and documentation activities
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Experience with testability analysis tools
- Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related complex system designs
- Experience working with and interpreting interfaces between hardware and software
- Experience in working with software/firmware development and implementation
- Experience performing circuit analysis and evaluating circuit designs
- Experience with mechanical CAD authoring or design evaluation
- Experience with product testing and troubleshooting in the factory/depot or field environment
- Experience with testability/diagnostics aspects of system development engineering
- Experience applying systems principles, processes, and analysis
- Experience analyzing data from a variety of sources using standard modeling tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working across multiple organizational levels
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
- Radar system experience
- Possess strong people and change agent skills
- Diagnostic dependency modeling experience
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
- BS degree in electrical or systems engineering, physics or related technical field.
- MS degree in electrical or systems engineering, physics or related technical field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All