Reporting to Raytheon Missile System’s (RMS’s) OE COE Director, the Senior OE Program Manager will take a lead role in using OE processes to diagnose and solve organizational challenges across RMS. This role will partner with senior business leaders, as well as HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and HR Generalists (HRGs), to review and align strategy, define business priorities, and lead transformational changes that drive competitive business results and international growth. The Senior OE Program Manager also partners across Raytheon businesses to develop and implement enterprise-wide solutions. As a leader in the OE COE, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for building one or more OE expertise areas (e.g., organizational design, strategy alignment, team effectiveness, cultural/behavior change) by staying current on new developments, designing and sharing new intellectual capital, and coaching HRBPs and HRGs as a subject matter expert. Specific efforts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
The Senior OE Program Manager will be proactive, results-oriented, and able to:
- Partner with business or function area leaders (Directors or VPs), as requested, to define, refine and/or align vision, mission, strategic multi-year goals and annual plans.
- Identify organizational transformation/improvement priorities in partnership with senior leaders based on alignment to strategy; business resource availability to support the initiative and sustain change; and organizational/cultural capacity to absorb and implement change.
- Work with new and existing teams to improve team effectiveness and accelerate high performing team development.
- Develop and implement change strategies for large-scale initiatives.
- Develop and apply holistic, consistent assessment and design methods and activities in partnership with Raytheon Six Sigma, Program Management Excellence, strategy and business VPs and their leadership teams.
- Define and drive desired organization cultural change through strategic initiatives including employee engagement survey action planning and other key enterprise-level initiatives.
- Demonstrate the RMS OE service delivery model of leading, partnering and enabling capability development in HR and the business in support of transformation, continuous improvement, cultural change and building high-performing teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Build relationships; effectively promote ideas and influence leadership behavior through strong collaboration
- Use a systems diagnosis approach to the assessment and design process
- Provide thought leadership, methodology and tools to positively influence strategic direction
- Lead large, cross-functional teams comprised of senior leaders
- Scope and effectively manage multiple projects concurrently, from inception to completion
- Align and translate strategy into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables
- Identify critical organizational issues and root causes; provide objective, practical, data-driven solutions that are sustainable
- Drive implementation of appropriate interventions to address organizational findings; measure results
- Lead selected, strategic teams through essential start-up and chartering exercises; institutionalize the foundations for high-performing teams
- Develop and deliver sound, persuasive business cases for strategic change that result in leadership action; communicate clearly and concisely to varying audiences
- Identify and drive culture change necessary to achieve business objectives
- Partner with various stakeholder groups to expand OE capability and capacity
- Growth, results and action orientation
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to balance big picture, strategic thinking with tactical implementation
- Strong project management
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing change
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to collaborate across lines of business and functions
- Strong active listening and observations skills
- Established ability to provide guidance and influence at the highest levels of an organization
- Strong leadership and decision making
- Strong relationship management and engagement skills, with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, handle diverse situations, set goals, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to deliver results within time constraints
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization with tact and professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, staying current in specific areas of organizational effectiveness such as team effectiveness, leadership, organization design, and change leadership
- Proven experience with a variety of OE intervention tools such as team and leader 360 analyses, Hogan Assessments, Team Dimensions Profile, MBTI, Change Style Indicator, coaching protocols, Cultural Navigator, and Emotional Intelligence Index
- Organization Effectiveness or Organizational Development experience; preferably within a Fortune 500 company or major consulting firm (where OE/OD was the primary work responsibility)
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and other applicable software
- Some travel required: ~15-20%
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret (or higher) clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of OD/OE, Human Resources, and/or applicable business experience OR Master's degree and 10+ years of OD/OE, Human Resources, and/or applicable business experience OR PhD and 8+ years of OD/OE, Human Resources, and/or applicable business experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Human Resources, All