MCVC at White Sands Missile Range, NM is searching for a custodial/trades helper to join the Facilities team to perform janitorial services and assist with facility maintenance at multiple WSMR buildings. Job Description:
- Perform a variety of janitorial and cleaning services, and facilities maintenance tasks.
- Cleans, services and supplies various building that includes floors, carpets, furniture, fixtures, trash bins, restrooms, sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery using mowers and hand/power trimmers.
- Clear debris from grounds andcultivates flowers using hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain supply storage closets in an organized and safe manner.
- Maintain equipment in a safe and operable condition.
- Performs standard service functions associated with facility moves and relocations.
- Will assist in performing duties related to facilities construction, installation, improvements, maintenance, and repair operations on all types of facilities.
- Inspects finished work for quality and to ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with safety practices, procedures, codes, and specifications.
- Must be able to work in remote and hazardous locations with energized equipment, radar radiation hazards, and unexploded ordnance.
- Travel to remote sites as required.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G02 or Salary Grade G03 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four (4) years of experience in a general janitorial and facilities maintenance capacity.
- Experience using hand and general maintenance tools and equipment for cleaning or landscaping, solutions and detergents.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Six (6) years of experience in building cleaning and facilities maintenance.
- Experience with power tools and general equipment, safety codes and general practices, and procedures.
- Communicate, work in a team environment, complete tasks, multi-task and lift 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of general trades to include carpentry, electrical and/or HVAC.
- Obtain DoD clearance within six (6) month of employment.
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Aerospace Engineering, Facilities, Transport, Engineering, All