Raytheon is seeking a Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Administrator. Does working with large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems in operations excite you? Do you find it meaningful to solve problems in operations through software and continuously seek to improve the state of running production systems with ruthless automation? Are you curious about how agile principles and practices can lead to new ways of working in operations? If so, you should consider joining the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform Operations team supporting the Air Force Air Operations Center at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. This is diverse team of highly skilled operations experts pioneering a radically new way of rapid delivery of software mission capabilities to Air Force warfighters across the world.As a Pivotal Operations Administrator, you will be responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes technologies as a managed service across the AOC in production operational environments. Along with managing the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies, you will also handle their integration with external enterprise core services.The role of Platform Operations Administrator requires working closely with the infrastructure, virtualization, network and security operations teams across one or many geographic theaters of AOC operations to ensure the distributed platform environments on classified and unclassified networks are stable, reliable, and always available for applications. You will also implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery automation pipelines to streamline the delivery of platforms updates to all production environments. The core team will be based out of AOC Enterprise Platform Ops Center located at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. The work includes limited travel for on the job enablement and occasional site visit to different areas of the AOC operational theaters when necessary. An extension of this team will operate on-site at the Air Force bases where AOC operates across the world. This role will include these responsibilities, but is not limited to the following:
This position can be a G08/G09 based on education, experience and skill set.Required Skills:
- Implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments in production
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of platform services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Maintain platform reliability and uptime once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Manage virtualized Linux systems
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
- Integrate platform with external enterprise core services such as Active Directory Federation Services and LogRhythm.
- Work with service desk, incident management, configuration management and change management processes.
- Set up administrator and service accounts & maintaining up to date documentation
- Monitor usage of infrastructure resources for capacity planning to ensure uptime.
- Uses scripting tools to automate processes
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration with Linux/Unix Operating System
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers / DNS / SSL / Firewalls / NAT / DNS / NTP
- Experience with live production systems and troubleshooting production issues with applications and systems in operations.
- Experience developing automation solutions in scripting/programming languages such as Python, Perl , Unix shell
- Experience working in VMWare VSphere environments
- 5+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience integrating systems with Active Directory Federated Services and understanding of SAML and OAuth 2 protocols.
- Experience working with and using various RDBMS such as MySQL and Postgres
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting/programming languages for automating frequently executed activities.
Required Education:Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Certifications including: VMWare Certified Professional, RHCE, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification
- Experience with configuration and management of Authentication technologies including: Active Directory Federated Services and oAuth 2
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDNs), network microsegmentation and a familiarity with associated technologies such as NSX-V and NSX-T Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with system administration in the AWS cloud environment
- Experience administering the Windows Server operating system
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Security + certification
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber, Data Networking, Data Science, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services