This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and education requirements for the position.Job Description:
The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Directorate is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and are under configuration control. WLSE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLSE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. We are focused in two main areas, product support and technical data support. In the product support area, the disciplines are reliability, system safety and supportability. On the technical data side, the main disciplines are configuration management and data management.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will work under general direction and exercise latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements. The Senior Reliability Engineer will represent the Reliability Engineering Department in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Responsibilities will include identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing a reliability program including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel.
The position will require application of some or all of the following elements. Responsibility will increase commensurate with skill.
- Possess relevant reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development
- Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- Possess project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements and performance standards
- Ability to take an analytical approach, and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
Have proficiency in and ability to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
- Reliability Modeling, Allocations, and Predictions, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, and Electronic Parts Circuit Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA)
- Experience planning and conducting Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Reliability Demonstration / Growth Testing (RDGT)
- Have experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Be capable of executing/applying root cause analysis at a system level
Be familiar with and able to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
Other desired proficiencies:
- Reliability tools, e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
- Built-In-Test (BIT), Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) calculations
- Design of Experiment (DOE) methods, Sneak Circuit Analysis methods
- Bayesian Reliability Methods
- Software Reliability Methods
Required Education (including Major):
- Be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Possess strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Able to organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics and minimum of 4 years related experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All