Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a leading provider of Electronic Warfare and Self Protect Systems. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability, and Safety (RMSS) engineer to join the fast paced and exciting Raytheon Self Protect Systems team located near Santa Barbara California at our Goleta facility. The selected candidate will perform the duties of a Principal Systems Engineer and will provide RMSS engineering support as part of the Whole Life Engineering (WLE) West department. The WLE West Department is made up of several disciplines that influence Self Protect System product designs early in their life cycle and also provide sustainment support for fielded products with the ultimate goal of ensuring effective operation, reliability, maintainability, supportability, system safety and economical ownership by Raytheon and the customer/end user.
The Principal Reliability Engineer will represent the WLE Department as an RMSS Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL). Responsibilities will include identifying key RMSS issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing reliability program(s) including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel. The Principal Reliability Engineer must be proficient in the following disciplines and processes: reliability modeling, allocation, and prediction, Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes, part stress and derating analysis, failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis, and familiarity with common industry reliability analysis tools.
The Principal Systems RMSS Engineers responsibilities include:
- Providing direction on work product development to small RMSS teams
- Integrating System Safety and Testability into product designs
- Performing Reliability and Failure Root Cause analyses
- Managing FRACAS database of delivered units to include failure history, operational usage, and trends
- Generating Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, and System Safety work products
- Coordination of the daily activities of Operations, Supply Chain, and Engineering in effecting repairs
- Coordination/communication with all engineering disciplines
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Previous RMSS team leadership experience with oversight of schedules and budgets
- Proficient with Reliability Modeling, Allocation, and Prediction, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, FRACAS processes, FMECA, Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing
- Familiarity with System Safety, including the generation of Hazard Analysis Reports
- Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Familiarity with processes that relate to design, manufacturing, and support
- In-depth understanding of reliability, availability, and maintainability data collection and analysis
- Strong organization, problem solving, time management and communications skills; detailed oriented. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources, multitask in a fast paced environment, and work under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with program management and functional leads
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) / Cost Account Manager (CAM) & Earned Value reporting experience
- Active DOD Secret (with SSBI) Clearance
- Familiarity with and apply reliability tools, e.g. Windchill Quality Solutions, Reliasoft, etc.
- Familiarity with Testability requirements and/or BIT architecture
- Experience performing Fault Tree Analyses using FaultTree+ or a similar tool
- Experience managing the development of engineering proposals, including presentation of IPDS Gates
- Familiarity with Electronic Parts/Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Familiarity with parts obsolescence management
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical degreeDesired Education:
M.S. or PHD in Engineering, Math, or ScienceThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Engineering Technology, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems