***** THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING *****
Raytheon Company has a requirement for a Device Fabricator Technician to plan and supervise the fabrication, refinement and delivery training aides and devices in support of USARCENT live fire ranges and Situational Training Exercises (STX) lanes in Kuwait. The Device Fabricator Technician will report directly to the Range Support Supervisor and ensure the full-spectrum of Range support is provided to enable successful gunnery/range training events.
The Device Fabricator Technician will assist the Range Operations Planners and Range Equipment Technicians in ensuring that all required resources are properly fabricated, prepared and on-site in accordance with unit training requirements, scenarios and published timelines. These duties include physical labor and providing technical solutions in support of live fire ranges. This role requires high levels of adaptability, organization, and communication skills to work with internal cross-functional teams and potentially external vendors to facilitate the completion of devices. The Range Equipment Technician will also perform tasks to support the in-country Program Management Office.
Standard work week will be six (6) days per week for up to eight (8) hours per day while at OCONUS work site(s), and a standard 40 hour work week while at CONUS work sites.
- In collaboration with unit representatives, provide Udairi Range Complex (URC) targetry construction and devise fabrication.
- Supervise the production of, refinement and delivery training aides and devices.
- Provide all electromechanical target lifter maintenance, contact team lifter, target lifter user instruction, and Range Development team direct support with range target lifters.
- Provide unit level targetry issue and turn in support of all associated Range Support functions.
- Work in close concert of all Range Operations support teams as well as the prime contractors range maintenance teams.
- Oversight/Liaison of Local Laborers
- Ensures the cutting, framing and transferring of materials via forklift for delivery to unit ranges.
- Technical drawing and blue print interpretation.
- Manages the assembling of finished products based on unit training requirements.
- Waste and hazardous waste management and disposal.
- Preparation and submittal of reports, inspection checklists and other required correspondence.
- Adhere to unit scheduling requirements and perform routine tasks without immediate supervision; must be able to work independently.
- Contribute to weekly range and training reports, and maintain historical documents.
- Identify and track efficiencies to reduce unnecessary range support and maintenance costs.
- Assists in the training of employees in fabrication of training aides and devices.
- Directly coordinates with unit representatives to resolve assembly and production issues.
- Ensure working environment remains clean and safe.
- Maintain adequate inventory in support of range operations.
- Complete quality control reports and forms.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Manage product development based on unit range requirements.
- Build prototypes and test products based on collaborative planning efforts with unit representatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 4 year experience of construction, carpentry and painting.
- Proven skills in maintenance and repair procedures including but not limited to procedures including preventive maintenance, breakdown repair and troubleshooting.
- Proven skills in construction, installation and fabrication techniques typical in the trades: Carpentry.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge with working with wood and metal structures, sheetrock, molding and trim.
- Proven skills and ability to read and interpret blueprints and systems diagrams and to perform mathematics typically used in the trade.
- Ability to express work and equipment in technical terms or terms of the trade. Ability to train and lead Building Maintenance Workers.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work with a wide variety of people using tact and diplomacy. Skills to follow verbal and written instructions as well as skills to organize/prioritize work.
- Knowledge and ability to use related hand and power tools. Knowledge and understanding of related safety practices and use of power equipment and tools related to job functions and utilize all equipment common to the building maintenance trades.
- Problem solving skills and sound judgment. Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities and work assignments.
- Experience in a laboratory environment required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be hands on and hardware comfortable.
- Must interface successfully with engineers and personnel of other disciplines.
- Must be physically able to work in limited and confined work spaces. Must be able to lift heavy equipment.
- Possess knowledge and technical expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat products.
- Previous experience working on a US government contract in Southwest Asia.
- Fork lift experience preferred
- Experience working in a wet chemistry laboratory setting preferred.
- Experience with solution processed thin film coating preferred.
- Experience with electrical measurements preferred.
- Experience with organic dyes and electronics is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process
- Must have a valid driver’s license, able to obtain a US Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Driver’s License.
- US citizenship is required
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 2 years of remaining eligibility
- Meet medical requirements for position as determined by a pre-employment medical screening & published CRC and USCENTCOM medical deployment standards.
- Walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to 8 hours/day & sit for up to 3 hours/day; climb/descend stairs; grasp or handle objects; use finger dexterity; bend elbows/knees; reach above/below shoulders; read/interpret typewritten print; communicate by voice & detect sound by ear.
- Bachelor's degree in Training, Management, Business or a related field from an accredited institution and four (4) years’ work experience. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (12 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
- Able to complete the Range Operations Professional Development (ROPD) Program IAW AR 350-19 within 30-days of hiring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fingers and hands to install parts, clean and maintain equipment, assemble and disassemble items and targetry structures. Employee is also required to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. Personal safety and protective equipment is required. Work may be performed in extreme weather conditions such as high heat and high dusty winds.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Administrative Services/Support, All, Warfighter Support Services