Job Description:IDS IT is looking for a summer intern to join our Business Management Work Environments (BMWE) group. This position will support IT provided services, assist in developing IT solutions for our engineering organization and analyzing processes to identify opportunities for improved service efficiency. The Intern will be involved in a wide variety of engagements that will work closely with our business partners, cross business leads and leadership. The role will include tasks like the following:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Required Skills:
- Ensure all service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Champion IT Operation service improvements leveraging best practices and methodologies (e.g., ITIL, Six Sigma)
- Suggest and implement automation solutions for manual and labor IT intensive tasks
- Resolve issues which arise in connection with IT Operation services
- Analyze service data and evaluate results to choose the best resolutions to customer service challenges
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (or completed a degree no more than 18 months prior to start date) with an emphasis in Enrolled in a Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other technical degree program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Prior experience with system administration or code development
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Interest in IT infrastructure and operations
- Experience with scripting or configuration automation tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft operating systems and x86 based hardware
- Fundamental knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Technical curiosity, methodical problem solving and desire to learn new skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity in a diverse environment
- Experience working in a team to quickly address technical challenges
- Relevant experience or internship
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others collaboratively and constructively
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Science, College, All