Job Description: Senior Principal Discrimination Analyst/ Systems Engineer(780)
- Engineer will perform end-to-end analysis of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) supporting the systems engineering development process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Complete BMDS performance analyses utilizing large-scale complex BMDS Modeling and Simulation tools and utilize the results to support system engineering discrimination products for MDA.
- Develop, update, and benchmark/anchorf BMDS M&S tools, as necessary to support system level analysis and discrimination tasks.
- Coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the Missile Defense Agency Engineering Team – Industry (MET-I) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) representatives.
- Perform as a principal investigator, lead analysis teams, and mentor less experienced team members.
- 8 years of experience in System Engineering and Analysis working with system performance analysis and numerical modeling and simulation using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment.
- Experience with system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
- Experience with leading a team.
- Active DoD secret clearance or obtain TS (immediate submittal of paperwork for TS will be mandatory).
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Experience in Analysis aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats.
- Experience with element-level with Analysis, Assessment, or Verification and familiarity with BMDS Performance Tier 1 Metrics (PES, DA, LAD, RSC, etc.).
- Experience with systems engineering with large, complex systems.
- Effective communication, leadership, teaming and documentation skills.
- Active TS clearance.
Master’s or PhD preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Systems Engineering, Engineering, All