Within Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems’ (SAS) Software Engineering Center (SWEC), The Strategic Communications Systems (SCS) Department currently has an opening for a Section Manager under the EWS AIO Programs in the EWBM Product line. As a SWEC section manager, the applicant is required to perform functional management tasks as well as be actively engaged in the technical and engineering programmatic aspects of the programs within the EWS AIO portion of the SAS Space Systems business area. Section managers are responsible for providing engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and the SAS processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are made available to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, facilitating alignment with engineering command media, leading productivity improvement and risk mitigation Perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations of the Software Engineering Center. **U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an US security clearance within the first 12 months of employment**
***This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons***
- 10+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience leading teams of engineers and working with Raytheon Program office and Customer teams.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers and contribute to the technical work products throughout the entire software life cycle.
- Expectation is that Section Manager will spend approximately 90% of their time working on program in Architecture, Design, Development, Integration, Problem Resolution and Customer Support,
- Software Architecture, Design, Development and Integration experience.
- Be a champion and leader for productivity improvement, automation and risk mitigation efforts from start of program through production and fielding.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Discipline leads and Program Office to maintain and grow the business.
- Provide cost estimates for proposal activities.
- Evaluate performance of section members and ensure on-time completion of required and suggested training.
- Facilitate career development of team members, and conduct meaningful performance development discussions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- US Citizenship and ability to access US only data.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within the first 12 months of employment.
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Earned Value proficiency and/or certification.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with Software Architecture.
- Experience with OSGi/Eclipse Plugin Framework.
- Experience with JMS (Java Messaging Service).
- Experience with Web Server security/authentication configuration experience (specifically, Jetty).
- Experience with Adobe Flex/ActionScript.
- Experience working with DCGS-A services (CAS, Ozone, XMPP, ArcGIS, DDS).
- Experience working with EW Sensors/Sensor Networks.
- Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Experience with GIS development.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience supporting Customer/Supplier Integration/Test events.
- DevOps Experience.
This position has been
approved for Relocation Assistance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Software Engineering, Engineering, All, Space and Airborne Systems