Materials Engineers work through all stages of the product life offering support from design to production to refurbishment. Job would include offering inputs on design requirements, supplier support, production support and field failure analysis.
This position will require interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and / or suppliers with some travel required.
This position can be Salary Grade G06 (Multidisciplined Engineer I) or Salary Grade G07 (Multidisciplined Engineer II) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, leadership, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel to suppliers
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
Required Education (including Major):
- Working knowledge of military and commercial materials and process specifications.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments, Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Willingness for International travel
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
- Active DoD Clearance (Secret, Confidential)
- Master's degree
- BS required in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, Welding, or equivalent technical degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Chemical Engineering, Engineering, College, All