This position and any offer associated with it is contingent on contract and acceptance of clearance by customer.
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. For more than a quarter of a century, this focus has driven our work in developing sophisticated reconnaissance systems and remote sensing technologies that help solve our customers' most difficult national security issues, both at home and abroad.
National security is at the core of Raytheon Applied Signal Technology’s mission and we currently have multiple positions available to work on technical problems and provide solutions in Annapolis, MD. Application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts will be necessary while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts and ensuring proper setup, configuration, and functionality of systems being deployed.
The successful candidate will be able to work with other staff in our various customer offices, generate briefings and present material clearly to team members, customers, and Raytheon Applied Signal Technology management as necessary. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives and assignments will frequently be self-initiated.Required Skills:
- Some knowledge of SIGINT Systems and data flows
- Ability to provide solutions and problem solving on complex data systems and networks with minimal direction
- Ability to perform in multi-discipline team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Visio, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- US Citizen
- Must have at least 6 years of combined experience with one or more of the following technical requirements:
- Experience with Signal Analysis, Modern Tele-communications System and Networks, Telephony Switching System and Communications Systems
- Experience in the development, integration, testing, and/or installation of systems to include generating system/component specifications, recommending solutions, and preparing and conducting test plans
- Experience with the functionality and inter-processing of packet- and circuit-based HW & SW solutions to include configuring, changing, and optimizing solutions.
- Experience with high-level language software programming; designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Experience with Programming/Scripting Languages, Database Management, Web Technologies and Software Test/Integration
- Experience in network design/evaluation or network security where under general direction, manages the installation and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems; and resolving complex network issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation using network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, network analyzers and simulators.
- Experience with network systems evaluation providing architectural design, development, regression testing and documentation, while maintaining hardware and software standards
- Experience with modern LAN/WAN solutions including IP networking, configuration, implementation and sustainment of Firewall and IP or Serial Encryption devices.
- Experience with the development and integration of SIGINT systems, functionality and inter-processing of packet- and circuit-based HW & SW solutions and performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems
- Experience solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Experience in Switching and Survey; Circuit Processing; Packet Processing; Distribution; Filtering & Selection and/or Monitoring; Analytic Tools
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Electronics, Computer Science, or related technical field NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 10+ years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 14+ years' of related experience.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Engineering Technology, Engineering, All