Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) S3 group is looking for a mid-level Material Program Manager (MPM). You need to be a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills and be directly accountable for ensuring overall supplier performance. You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
You serve as the leader for all programs’ supply chain activities and are the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. You will be a member of the program office that participates in Program Performance Reviews (PPR), Program Change Control Board (PCCB), Risk & Opportunity Review Board, and Engineering Review Board (ERB).You are also responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. You will work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Responsibilities span from the front end of the business SCM activities through contract closure. We need an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
The ideal candidate will have financial, contracting, and negotiating experience and have had project management responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Risk and Opportunity management, personnel management, briefing in customer forums, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
- Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP).
- Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Developing and executing risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
- Developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, short-range outlooks (SRO), material EACs, sales and operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Acting as the Control Account Manager (CAM) for material and SCM labor.
- Flowing down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans.
- Collaborating with other S3 programs to maximize efficiency of program execution including radar commonality.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience including Project, Program, Product or Supplier Management
- Experience working with suppliers providing direct materials to a manufacturing line
- Demonstrated performance against financial budgets and forecasts
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel and Project)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Raytheon MPM certification or equivalent experience
- Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Management and senior leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Operations or related fieldDesired Education:
MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Program Management, Supply Chain, All, Space and Airborne Systems, Contracts and Supply Chain