U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
BBN’s Physical Sciences & Systems business unit, located in Arlington (Rosslyn), Virginia, has an opening for a part time Administrative Associate / Receptionist who seeks responsibility and interaction with various levels of co-workers, and effectively and expeditiously completes tasks.
• Administrative resource for an office consisting of approximately 50 employees.
• Register and greet visitors.
• Maintain team calendars for events, vacation and travel.
• Answer routine questions regarding business team policies and procedures as it relates to the performance of this position.
• Coordinate internal meetings and functions, including arranging visitors and ordering catered food.
• Record and distribute meeting notes as required.
• Create and process trip/expense reports and vendor check reimbursements.
• Maintain log of ongoing and outstanding travel claims.
• Arrange/assist with travel reservations as necessary.
• Arrange and schedule interviews for potential new hires.
• Handle new employee requirements as needed.
• Maintain and order office supplies.
• Maintain log and report of vendors, track invoices and progress against open PO’s.
• Create vendor requisitions for materials and services and track progress through development of purchase orders.
• Maintain a log of requisitions and process material receipts in accordance with policy and procedure.
• Assist in maintaining accurate inventories of assets, materials and government property.
• Maintain conference room calendars.
• Maintain printers, fax machines and copy machines.
• Perform other routine administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• 2-4 years relevant experience (could include internships).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Teamwork, collaboration and initiative are essential in this role.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• US citizenship required. A willingness to apply for a US Government security clearance is required.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Administrative Services/Support, All