This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Basic Qualifications:
- IDS Execution Operations (XOPS) has an opportunity for a 1st shift cell leader in the Hardware Integration Center. You will have overall responsibility for manufacturing operation team(s) in a fast paced and dynamic environment and will manage a team of assemblers and/or technicians. Ensures assembled hardware meets contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. Provide a safe work environment and will be actively engaged in safety improvement projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily interaction with other cross-business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of hardware design, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
· Workforce planning and forecasting
· Employee hiring and training
· Time and attendance tracking
· Area layout and flow management
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing / planning / scheduling / finance / operations or similar environments
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
BS/BA in Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience
- Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in managing labor, processes, and budgets
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No