The Sr. System Administrator will provide mission application focused expertise for the IT user. The successful candidate will:
The candidate must possess a working knowledge of computer operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions, and terminology and assist with transition of new technologies into the Enterprise service environment, and be able to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks.
- Interact effectively, courteously, and directly with the user to resolve technical issues and respond to queries and requests for service that originate by telephone, web-based portals, email, or other methods.
- Read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation and assist with installation and configuration of new software applications.
- Support the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
10 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Bash scripting
- Network protocols
- Port management
- Firewalls (includes iptables)
- Virtual Machine (VM) implementation and management
- SSH, PKI
- Experience configuring servers, networks, and storage
- Understanding of NIAGARAFILES
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferable with Amazon Web Services (AWS) components.
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in a Linux environment.
- Experience with log management (syslog, rsyslog, syslog-ng)
- Experience with OS performance tuning and Linux security
- Background in scalable architectures, data flow management, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
Required Education (including Major):
- Proficiency in Python
- DevOps experience
Qualified applicants subject to a U.S. government security background investigation and must meet minimum eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services