Job Description:Raytheon is a global leader in the Aerospace and Defense Industry and has achieved great success in this hyper-competitive industry through developing innovative technologies and products that work 'the first time, every time'. A major element of this success has resulted from Raytheon's significant investment in making Supply Chain Management (SCM) a critical component of meeting our Customers’ expectations. In order to support Raytheon's Supply Chain expenses in excess of $7 billion annually, there is a need for highly motivated SCM professionals who are capable of managing complex internal and external relationships in support of cutting-edge technologies, products and programs. Raytheon IDS Integrated Supply Chain is seeking highly motivated summer interns candidates who are interested in this hands-on experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment. This internship provides an excellent introduction to the broad spectrum of our key roles in Global Supply Chain including but not limited to global sourcing, procurement, supplier materials management, logistics / planning, and or proposal support. Some of the potential responsibilities include:
- Six Sigma training and qualification
- Establish collaborative working relationships with suppliers
- Provide insight and recommendations for process improvements
- Learn and use Raytheon’s supply chain tools, resources and processes
- Executive exposure and interface
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
These positions are available in our Tewksbury, Woburn and Andover facilities.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business Management or a related field
- A basic understanding of supply chain needed
- Strong computer skills preferably with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Must be capable of multi-tasking while keeping attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on schedule following established procedures
- Ability to foster and maintain solid professional relationships internally and externally
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform work under general direction
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Classified
Relocation Eligible: No
Business Administration, Supply Chain, College, All, Contracts and Supply Chain