The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). SADID provides requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.Job Description:SADID is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Surveillance Radar programs in our Marlboro, Woburn and Tewksbury MA locations. System Engineers in this position will be responsible for supporting radar system concept development, architectural design, requirements generation and flow down, modeling and simulation, systems analysis, integration, test and evaluation. The successful candidate will be expected to perform system engineering trades studies to determine solutions to technical issues, and work within multi-discipline development teams across multiple locations to coordinate the development and integration of products, support customer intimacy for areas of responsibility.This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years professional radar system engineering experience to include knowledge of Electronic Attack (EA) / Electronic Protect (EP) techniques
- Knowledge of Digital RF Memory capabilities and counters
- Experience in successfully developing and documenting EP capabilities
- Ability to model and simulate EA/EP techniques in Matlab or similar tools
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
All job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat one another.Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- System Architecture Design
- Familiar with commercial communications waveforms and corresponding radar counter measures to communications interference
- Ability to implement and demonstrate EP in software and/or firmware
- Fusion between Signal Intelligence and EA/EP Techniques
- Experience with systems integration, simulation and qualification testing
- Experience with RF Systems Engineering including knowledge of RF performance analysis
- Familiarity with the Navy, Air Force and Army Customers
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of Earned Value Management Systems
- Experienced with completing designs on schedule and within budget
- Have a record of Patents, Publications, and/or Technical Presentations to industry
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Sensor Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical, Test Engineering, Engineering, All, DSP/EP