Are you an innately inquisitive person and have a permanent sense that things aren't quite good enough? Do you enjoy working in dynamic teams where you share your knowledge and learn? Do you actively seek out complex signal processing problems to solve?Organization Description:If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “Yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Signal Processing Engineer. The Signal Processing Center at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is seeking engineers to provide Signal Processing expertise to sustain, extend and grow new business. Learn more below and apply today!Raytheon Missile Systems VP: Tucson's bright futureAdditional information about RMS and Tucson, AZU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.As a Signal Processing Engineer, your tasks may include:
- Working in detailed high fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and Matlab, to develop, prototype, and test sensor models and signal processing algorithms
- Working in production and engineering lab test environments and field test environments to test, verify, and validate sensor models and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Working in all phases of missile development from program start up to live fire test, to provide engineering support by participating in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
- Working knowledge of Matlab and one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Python
- Ability to contribute in a team environment to develop creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Ability to develop and present technical briefings.
- Coursework or experience with signals & systems, linear algebra, digital signal processing, probability theory, statistics, stochastic signal processing, electromagnetic theory, pattern recognition, and/or machine learning
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Knowledge of radar or electro-optical signal processing and analysis
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with hardware/software integration
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
Required Education:Bachelor or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Optical Sciences, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field from an ABET accredited institution with a minimum cumulative/overall GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to produce technical documentation including customer briefings and specifications
The Job Title for a Bachelor of Science degree is a Systems Engineer I.
The Job Title for a Master of Science degree is a Systems Engineer II.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/60321.htm***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***Check us out on YouTube:Raytheon Company Overview2015 MATHCOUNTS National Competition HighlightsThe Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by RaytheonTomahawk Missile Flight TestingRaytheon's Griffin® missile showcases multiple capabilitiesMissile Systems and Tucson, AZ
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, College, All