Job Description:Senior Quality Assurance Engineer responsible for the overall Program Quality Activities (hardware, software and systems) and success of the Mission Assurance activities. In this position the Quality Program Lead (QPL) will be responsible for US and/or foreign programs as the business needs require. The QPL will lead the interpretation, implementation and execution of Mission Assurance and contractual requirements throughout the product life cycle. The QPL will be able to anticipate and provide valid solutions to avert program process and product and supplier issues. The role requires working closely with Program Management to ensure all processes and product requirements are met. The QPL is an integrated team member to direct, influence, and monitor the program activities, he/she is experienced and successful in devising and implementing change strategies. QPL tasks include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Act as primary focal point to program management for all Mission Assurance activities through solid relationships with multiple levels of the organization and customers.
- Implement program metrics and use them to drive execution improvement
- Support and lead process improvement teams using Six Sigma and other process improvements tools.
- Review program and subcontractor trends and identify recommended improvement opportunities, corrective actions and other remedies.
- Resolve elevated quality issues with program management.
- Review the contract and prepare quality planning documents. Assure all program planning documents are written and approved.
- Attend project meetings and review project status reports. Keep quality management abreast of program quality issues.
- Certify and release products (i.e. Document, drawing release, software/hardware release).
- Maintain objective evidence of the quality program through organized program quality records and archive as required.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with DCMA and DoD customers.
This position can be a G09 or G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.Desired Skills:
- 6+ years of related professional experience in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, and/or Operations discipline.
- Experience with program management and supplier processes
- Experience and analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective/preventative actions
- Experience utilizing Lean/Six Sigma or other contemporary methodologies and tools for continuous improvement
Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality or equivalent technical major.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Technical background and experience throughout all phases of the design and development lifecycle
- Experience working in large integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI and Mission Assurance Provisions
- Working knowledge of EVMS and cost Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Ability to identify root cause, initiate/implement effective corrective actions and track corrective action to closure
- Must be a self-starter, work proactively to prevent problems, demonstrate flexibility and have the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and must be able to interface directly with multi-functional customers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Engineering, All