CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Job Description: The US Military has a requirement to organize, man, equip, and train the Afghan National Defense Security Forces (ANDSF). The MD-530FF Instructor Pilot is part of Raytheon’s Afghanistan Warfighter Focus (WFF) Warrior Training Alliance (WTA) MD530 training support program in support of US Government efforts to develop a capable and self-sustaining Afghan Air Force (AAF). The employee is responsible for performing duties as an Instructor Pilot (IP) in the AAF MD-530F aircraft. Instructor Pilots will conduct Copilot and Air Mission Commander qualification, refresher, continuation training and evaluations of Afghan pilots in accordance with USG and AAF requirements. Conducts academic and hands-on performance training and administer evaluations to ensure aircrew proficiency and standardization of training. Relevant subject matter includes the training IAW the Convention on International Civil Aviation standards as defined by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) for aircraft systems, ground operations, general aircraft handling, instrument procedures, emergency procedures, crew resource management, tactical employment and Night Vision Goggle qualification.
Knowledge & Skills: US Army branch 15 Aviation Military Occupational Skills series or other military/commercial equivalent. Qualification in assigned aircraft before or incident to assignment. Documented completion of a manufacturer’s course of instruction, military flight training or a DoS program of instruction. Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of aircraft systems, components, and operations. Thorough knowledge of FAA and ICAO regulations pertinent to operational requirements. Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel highly desired.
Work Location: Kabul Air Wing, KIA, Afghanistan or other location in Afghanistan as required and determined by the United States Government.
Required Hours: Contract works on a 90/30 day rotation cycle. Work may include nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice. Standard will be to conduct training sixty hours per week while OCONUS on a 90-day cycle. A standard 40-hour work week will apply while in CONUS on a 30-day cycle.
- Minimum 1500 rotary wing flight hours, 500 instructor pilot hours, 250 NVG/NVS hours.
Must have 8 years of related work experience
- Possess and maintain a current FAA Second Class medical certificate as a condition of employment.
- Possess previous qualifications as a DoD flight instructor/examiner or possess a current FAA/CAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFII) rating.
- Strong analytical, writing skills. Strong MS Office Skills. Experience/sensitivity with diverse cultures. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent organizational and management skills. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Must be able to obtain a visa for Afghanistan
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) through the National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) process
Required Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited school & eight (8) years of related experience, OR six (6) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (16 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
- Scout/Attack Helicopter operational experience.
- Desert/Mountain operation experience.
- Combat experience.
- Overseas experience.
- Previous experience training and advising foreign military soldiers.
- Possess current DoD Secret Security Clearance eligibility
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Include but are not limited to the wear of body armor and helmet Personal Protective Gear, unassisted lifting and carrying of duffle bags not exceed the weight of 70 lbs. per piece, and the unassisted movement over uneven terrain.
- Must be willing to work and live in Afghanistan with an understanding that there could be further assignments to any location in Afghanistan based upon the needs of the U.S. Government, to include hostile and austere areas.
- Must be able to attend and pass USG deployment requirements at CONUS Replacement Center (CRC), Fort Bliss, Texas or equivalent location.
- Must meet the medical requirements for the position being offered as determined by a pre-employment medical screening and in accordance with published CRC and USCENTCOM medical deployment standards.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to eight (8) hours per day and sit for up to three (3) hours per day.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Employee will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
- Employee may be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, under extreme weather conditions, within a hostile environment.
- The individual may be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other acts of aggression associated with this region.
- Contractor personnel shall comply with all theater command policies, regulations, and General Orders. All tours are unaccompanied.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Flight and Aircraft, Training and Development, All, WSS, Warfighter Support Services