We are looking for a Coating Technician 2 to join our team!
The Coating Technician 2 will support coating operations, which are essential to the daily functions of the Thin Film Coating Department.
Main responsibilities would include, but may not be limited to:
• Operating vacuum coating machines for the application of single and multi-layer coatings
• Inspecting and cleaning of optical components
• Preparing, cleaning and loading of coating chambers
• Performing metrology measurement, such as transmission, reflection and ellipsomentry
In addition, the Coating Technician 2 will ensure that the specifications outlined by the operation sheet are met, operations are safe and product quality is achieved.We are looking for the following Education and Technical Requirements:
• Completion of Post-Secondary in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing)
• Preference given to candidates with experience handling a variety of optical components and machining
• Good manual dexterity neat and organized work habits.
• Working knowledge of tooling, machining, gauges and proper use of the equipment
• Understanding of mechanical drawings, blueprints and interpretation
• Knowledge and experience using measuring equipmentWe are looking for the following Key Competencies:
• Effectual interpersonal leadership and communications skills
• Adaptable, Innovative and Problem Solver
• Analytical and Reasoning, decision making with business acumen
• Planning and coordinating of resources and activities within the team, other departments and external as required.
• Accountability to stay motivated and resilient even when faced with inevitable delays, setbacks and policy shifts
• Willingness to learn and acquire knowledge/understanding through study, instruction or experience.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearanceWe offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Brandie Black at 705-526-5401 ext. 576 or by email at email@example.com. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies, a thought and technology leader in the global optics industry, specializes in technologically sophisticated and superior-quality optical solutions that meet strict military and commercial specifications. Raytheon ELCAN offers superior design and engineering capabilities, proprietary production technologies and fully integrated manufacturing to provide custom, turn-key solutions.
Raytheon ELCAN is part of Raytheon Canada Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN). Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions.
As part of Raytheon Company, ELCAN offers a range of opportunities in areas such as engineering, business development, supply chain management, finance, mission assurance, manufacturing, I.T., human resources and program management, to achieve the best value solution for our customers.
When you join Raytheon, you become part of a talented and highly motivated team of people, who together and individually contribute to Raytheon’s global vision — one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Raytheon offers unique opportunities for career and personal development through dedication to continuous improvement and a dynamic working environment.
Security Clearance: Secret
Relocation Eligible: No